About Senior Home Care Services
Premium Live-in Care Staffing Since 2010
We recruit, screen and place the top live-in caregivers in the country, with discerning families. We set the family up with a turnkey payroll solution to pay the live-in, and we guarantee client satisfaction with each placement or we replace them at no charge. Ideal for Dementia, stroke, Parkinsons, or any full-time custodial care. There is no need to relocate to a nursing home, we bring the care to you. Grandma Joan has been awarded four national senior-care awards , and is BBB Accredited with an A+ Rating.
Since 2010, Grandma Joan’s consumer-based home-care model has been providing American families with a more affordable solution to choose from than the business directed models of nursing homes and home-care agencies.
Some Facts About Us
- Started off as a service of state-licensed Home Healthcare Agency, serving clients in Essex County NJ in 2010.
- Our consumer-directed home-care model was born from one of our home care agency clients who desperately needed our service, but couldn’t afford our agency rates.
- In 2011, we opened our service to clients in other states. In less than one year, we had clients from Florida to Maine, and from North Carolina to California.
- By 2014, the service had grown so much, that it was launched as a stand-alone company and “Grandma Joan’s LLC” was created.
- BBB® Accredited Nationwide (A+ Rating)
- Ranked in the Top 1% of Senior-Care Providers in the US and Canada, out of 18,000 Providers, for customer satisfaction. (2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021) by SeniorAdvisor.com, which collects reviews for over 40,000 senior care businesses in the US and Canada.
- Proud members of the Alzheimer Foundation of America®.
- The service is named after the founder’s mother, who has been a caring RN for over 60 years.
- We love helping people stay in their homes!
- We service client’s across our great nation, in 41 states.
Grandma Joan's Story
We started out as a state-licensed home care agency in 2010. Our Grandma Joan’s home-care model was born from an exit survey with one of our original home care agency clients. He was distressed about the need to continue our professional live-in services for his mom. She was living alone and had Alzheimer’s; however, he was no longer able to afford our high agency rates. It was from this client’s need that Grandma Joan LLC was born. We helped him find, screen, and contract with a qualified independent live-in, all for a one-time set-up fee. He paid the independent provider directly and on the books, cutting out our agency overhead. Grandma Joan’s service model was an overnight success, and within a year of its launch, we went nationwide.
Senior Home Care Services
Meet the Founder:
DAVID PETROSKI, CSA
The Nation's Live-in Care Expert
David Petroski is the Founder of Grandma Joan’s Live-in Care Staffing. He is a Human Resource Specialist that has helped staff over 15 million dollars in household payroll. He has helped hundreds of families across the country safely navigate the challenges of the consumer-directed live-in care market.
David’s work has helped Grandma Joan earn five national awards of recognition in the senior-care industry. He has been working in senior care since 2010, when he started a home-care agency in Montclair NJ.
David has been an expert panelist for CPE-accredited webinars educating hundreds of senior-care industry professionals about private-hire live-in care. He is a Certified Senior Advisor (CSA)®, and has been interviewed on radio and is quoted in the 2018 book Aging with Care.
David lives in New Jersey with his wife Cathy, who is also in HR, and their three teens, Danny, Sofi, and Blake.